Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious meal that is sure to please the whole family? Try this Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger Recipe. Ideal for busy weeknight dinners, it’s packed with lean turkey proteins and wholesome vegetables. Bursting with flavorful herbs, savory garlic, tart lemon juice, and zesty paprika—your taste buds will thank you after just one bite of this zesty turkey burger. Plus, it’s quick enough to make on any night of the week – no matter how crazy your schedule may be.
- 1 History Of Barefoot Contessa’s Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 2 Is Barefoot Contessa’s Turkey Burgers Are Healthy?
- 3 Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger Recipe Nutrition Facts
- 4 Ingredients You’ll Need To Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger Recipe
- 5 Toppings For Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger Recipe
- 6 How To Make Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger?
- 7 Tips To Make Sure Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger
- 8 What To Serve With Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger?
- 9 How To Store Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger?
- 10 Conclusion: Barefoot Contessa’s Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 11 FAQ Turkey Burgers
- 11.1 What cheese is best on turkey burgers?
- 11.2 How do you know when to flip a turkey burger?
- 11.3 How do you grill turkey burgers so they don’t fall apart?
- 11.4 How do you not overcook turkey burgers?
- 11.5 Do turkey burgers cook faster than beef burgers?
- 11.6 Why are turkey burgers so good?
- 11.7 What should the inside of a turkey burger be?
- 11.8 How do you improve the texture of a turkey burger?
- 11.9 What can I use instead of breadcrumbs in turkey burger?
- 11.10 Why are my turkey burgers rubbery?
- 11.11 What is the best binder for turkey burgers?
History Of Barefoot Contessa’s Turkey Burgers Recipe
In the early 1990s, Chef Ina Garten—also known as the Barefoot Contessa—became famous for her gourmet food store in East Hampton, New York. Her delicious and approachable recipes quickly gained a following and led to numerous cookbooks, television shows, and even her own brand of frozen dinners.
Is Barefoot Contessa’s Turkey Burgers Are Healthy?
Ina Garten’s recipes always aim to balance flavor and nutrition. This turkey burger recipe is no exception—it calls for lean ground turkey instead of beef, making it a healthier choice with less fat and fewer calories. Additionally, it includes plenty of vegetables, such as onions, spinach, and bell peppers, which provide essential vitamins and minerals.
Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger Recipe Nutrition Facts
One serving of Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger Recipe contains approximately 300 calories, 15 grams of fat, and 20 grams of protein. It also provides a good source of fiber and various vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C and iron.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger Recipe
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- ½ cup of spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup of red onion, finely diced
- cup of bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toppings For Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger Recipe
- Sliced avocado
- Tomato slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Red onion slices
How To Make Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger?
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, spinach, red onion, bell pepper, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape them into patties.
- Heat a grill or skillet over medium-high heat and lightly grease with oil.
- Add the turkey burgers to the grill or skillet and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, until fully cooked.
- Assemble your burger by placing the cooked turkey patty on a bun and topping it with your desired toppings.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious and healthy Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger.
Tips To Make Sure Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger
- When mixing the ingredients together, be sure not to overwork the ground turkey. This can result in a tough and dry burger.
- To keep the burgers moist and juicy, add a tablespoon of olive oil to the mixture before forming into patties.
- For added flavor, top your burger with slices of creamy avocado or tangy feta cheese.
- Don’t have access to a grill? No problem! These burgers can also be cooked on a stovetop in a skillet or grill pan.
- To ensure the burgers are thoroughly cooked, use an instant-read thermometer and check for an internal temperature of 165°F.
What To Serve With Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger?
There are many delicious and healthy sides that pair well with the Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger. Here are a few suggestions:
- Sweet potato fries: Slice sweet potatoes into thin strips, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake in the oven until crispy.
- Grilled vegetables: Cut up your favorite veggies (such as zucchini, squash, eggplant, and mushrooms) into bite-sized pieces, toss with olive oil and seasonings, and grill until tender.
- Quinoa salad: Cook quinoa according to package instructions, then mix with diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and a simple vinaigrette dressing.
How To Store Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger?
If you have leftover turkey burgers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. They can also be frozen for longer storage. Simply wrap each patty individually with plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe bag or container. They will keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months. Read more at houseofsiamboston.com.
Conclusion: Barefoot Contessa’s Turkey Burgers Recipe
The Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger Recipe is a healthy and delicious option for any meal. With its flavorful combination of herbs and spices, lean protein, and nutritious vegetables, you can feel good about serving this burger to your family. Plus, with its quick and easy preparation, it’s perfect for busy weeknights or weekend grilling sessions. So go ahead and give it a try—you won’t be disappointed.
FAQ Turkey Burgers
What cheese is best on turkey burgers?
Elevate your sandwich game with the perfect cheese pairings! Provolone Cheese adds a deliciously mild, rich, and salty flavor to deli sandwiches, while also being a fantastic addition to a juicy turkey burger. For an extra kick, try pairing it with pesto sauce or sun-dried tomatoes. And if you’re craving some bold flavors, Cheddar Cheese is a game-changer when combined with crispy bacon, caramelized onions, and your choice of whole grain mustard or sweet BBQ sauce. Get ready for a taste sensation.
How do you know when to flip a turkey burger?
Grill turkey burgers for 5 minutes, covered, until perfect grill marks appear. Flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, covered, until burgers are fully cooked.
How do you grill turkey burgers so they don’t fall apart?
Discover the secret to perfectly cooked grilled turkey burgers! Learn how to prevent them from falling apart while keeping their amazing texture intact. Our recipe includes the ideal amount of binding agents – breadcrumbs and egg – to ensure your turkey burgers hold together flawlessly on the grill.
How do you not overcook turkey burgers?
Achieve perfectly cooked and juicy turkey burgers with this foolproof tip. Use a thermometer to avoid overcooking and drying out your burgers. Cook them until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F, as they will continue cooking even after being removed from heat. Let them rest for a few minutes until they reach a safe internal temperature of 165°F.
Do turkey burgers cook faster than beef burgers?
Cooking turkey burgers requires a bit more time than hamburgers. But it’s important not to overcook them, as this can result in dryness. To ensure they’re cooked perfectly, use a digital meat thermometer to monitor the temperature of your turkey patties.
Why are turkey burgers so good?
“Upgrade your ground meat choice for a healthier option,” advises Beaver. Ground turkey offers a preferable fat profile with less saturated fat and more protective polyunsaturated fat.
What should the inside of a turkey burger be?
Get perfectly cooked turkey burgers every time with this simple tip: cook them until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. When the thermometer hits that magic number, it’s time to pull them off the grill. Remember, overcooking can lead to dry burgers, so don’t wait too long. And whatever you do, resist the temptation to cut into your burgers to check for doneness. Trust the temperature and enjoy juicy, flavorful turkey burgers every time.
How do you improve the texture of a turkey burger?
Create juicy and flavorful turkey patties by adding a sprinkle of panko bread crumbs. By delicately mixing the ingredients and shaping the patties with a light touch, you’ll achieve a loose and tender texture. To ensure moistness and enhance browning, richness, and savory taste, we incorporate baking soda and gelatin. Experience a mouthwatering sensation in every bite.
Elevate your meat dishes with this versatile crunchy coating. Made from a combination of panko, cracker or pretzel crumbs, crushed cornflakes, and oats, this mixture adds a delightful texture and flavor to meatloaf, burgers, and more. Explore the endless possibilities of using oats as a bread crumb substitute.
Why are my turkey burgers rubbery?
Handle the burger meat with care to achieve the best results. Avoid beating or overworking the mixture as this will make the meat dense and rubbery. Instead, gently stir until the ingredients are just blended and lightly form the mixture into patties. This will ensure a tender and delicious burger.
What is the best binder for turkey burgers?
Get perfect turkey burger patties every time! Ditch the dried breadcrumbs and use fresh ones instead. They provide the best binding for juicy turkey burgers.
Chef Joe has been cooking up Thai cuisine in the South End of Boston for over a decade. He is the owner and head chef of House of Siam, where he strives to use only the freshest, finest ingredients in all his dishes. Chef Joe’s food is flavorful and exciting, and it always satisfies his customers’ cravings for delicious Thai food.